Job Title: Plant Operator
Reports to: Plant Foreman
Last Updated: March 2022
Responsible for natural gas processing and treating facility operations.
- Read, understand, and perform work in-accordance with all company safety, environmental & operating policies, programs, procedures, manuals, and best management practices (BMPs).
- Actively participate in and complete all assigned regulatory and company-required safety, environmental & operational training by established due dates.
- Operation and maintenance of compressors, engines, auxiliary units, motors, cooling equipment, pumps, seals, valves, and related equipment.
- Responsibility for monitoring and controlling plant variables such as pressure, levels, and flows to achieve desired targets.
- Starting, stopping, and operating engines, compressors, pumps, and related equipment to maintain designated operating parameters.
- Monitoring equipment and processes as needed to proactively avert equipment damage, process upsets, plant shutdowns, etc.
- Performing maintenance and repairs on compressors, engines, auxiliary equipment, pumps, process controls and related equipment as required to maintain stable and safe operations.
- Ensuring the cost effective and efficient performance of all gas processing units and associated equipment.
- Monitoring gas streams using various sampling equipment as required to meet customer product specifications and take corrective actions when product is out of specifications.
- Completing appropriate documentation and paperwork as requested and required.
- Overseeing maintenance and/or construction activities performed by third parties.
- Identifying, reporting, and correcting safety and environmental concerns immediately.
- Adhering to and enforcing all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensuring Lock Out Tag Out Procedures are implemented and followed.
- Ensuring Safe Work Permit is required and valid.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Observing all safety requirements and actively participating in company safety initiatives.
- Communicating in a professional manner with company management, customers, vendors, suppliers, etc. as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Detail Oriented.
- Customer focused; results driven.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This role occasionally requires field visits in which safety requirements, including clothing, must be followed.
- Establish residence within 50 miles from the Company’s Operational facility.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to (for example) outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, hot and cold piping, fumes, high noise levels, toxic chemicals, and the risk of electric shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be required to lift fifty (50) pounds or more.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling, and grasping.
- Must be able to move about unrestricted and follow safety and emergency response procedures and regulations.
- May be required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch for reasonable periods of time.
- Must be able to move about on foot and follow safety and emergency response procedures.
- Able to travel long distances in a motor vehicle.
- Able to work in areas with limited access or cramped spaces.
- On a routine basis, may climb ladders, walkways, and scaffolds.
- May be required to wear SCBA.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly position with standard rotating 12-hour shift and applicable overtime for approved additional work hours and callouts. Expected to provide coverage beyond normal scheduled shifts during plant projects and for peer PTO. Outdoor, variable weather conditions around heavy equipment, occasionally at heights.
Travel will be required as needed to various locations where Sendero has operations and/or assets. Most trips will involve 2-5 days out of the office. (<25%).
Required Education, Experience, Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office and operating systems).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record which is satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Willing and able to perform all required and/or requested job duties.
- Must be able to receive and understand direction from management and other co-workers, work as a team player, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work policies/procedures.
- Self-driven and highly motivated individual.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance/procedure instructions.
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret technical drawings such as P&ID’s, PFD’s, and equipment diagrams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be available for after-hours response to operational and/or emergency issues.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, according to CDC guidance, prior to start date.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.