Carlsbad Area Operator is responsible the measurement of high and low pressure gathering systems. The Technician will support the Sendero Engineering and Operations Team to ensure safe and efficient operations and compliance with all applicable regulations, Sendero’s company EHS policy and O&M manual.
- Installation, programming and calibration of Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) computers.
- Change orifice plates and transmitters.
- Calculate volume rates and sizes orifice plates to set flow rates.
- Collect gas and liquid samples.
- Install, operate and maintain gas and liquid sampling systems.
- Install, program, maintain and calibrate portable and stationary gas or liquid chromatographs.
- Acquire information on-site using stain tubes or electronic devices for obtaining hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, oxygen, water content and nitrogen.
- Schedule, complete and witness flow tests on wells using open flow orifice meters and portable meter runs.
- Develop and maintain meter test schedules.
- Install equipment from drawings, schematics and manufacturer’s manuals.
- Troubleshoot and rectify equipment failures using voltmeters and test equipment.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate work with other department ensuring timely completion on equipment installation and repair.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot EFM radio telemetry system both full duplex and spread spectrum systems.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot process controls, regulation and relief valves.
- Operate appropriate personal computer software.
- Operate and inspect meter runs.
- Perform functions independently in area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain customer relations with producers.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving/Analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment. Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels). Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment. Wears safety equipment as required. Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools. Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position. Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work. Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 100 foot pounds of torque. Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads. Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly position with standard rotating 12 hour shift and applicable overtime for approved additional work hours and call-outs. Expected to provide coverage beyond normal scheduled shifts during plant projects and for peer PTO.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected (< 25%).
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a gas gathering system or plant
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with drawings and schematics
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to follow written or spoken work instructions in English
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Must have a reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
- 2 years’ experience in the measurement field is preferred
- 2 years’ experience programming and calibrating, installing and repairing EFM computer and gas or liquid chromatographs is preferred
- Able to understand and interpret equipment manuals
- Able to provide understandable and legible reports
- Demonstrate sound judgment
- Able to perform work independently
- Open to learning and have a history of being able to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.