The Commercial Operations Manager is responsible for managing the sales, nominations, scheduling, allocations, and balancing activities associated with gas, oil, NGL and water gathering, processing, transportation, storage, and sales transactions. The Manager will be responsible for the negotiation of transactional agreements related to services described above both on Sendero’s facilities and on downstream third party pipelines, as needed. The Manager will interfaces with all areas of the company including commercial, measurement, accounting, engineering, operations, gas control, and legal to perform the duties of the position and to resolve issues that arise.
- Manage pipeline nominations and confirmations to ensure daily deliveries comply with sales, “take-in-kind,” and transportation obligations, using various pipeline electronic nomination systems.
- Maintain a full understanding and ensure compliance with any customer, upstream or downstream contracts, nomination procedures and pipeline SOC/Tariff standards necessary to move gas.
- Evaluate gas processing plant economics and recommend to commercial various plant operations scenarios, including Ethane Recovery/Rejection, nominations for shrinkage and fuel, split stream operations, dehydration and treating.
- Monitor actual deliveries vs. nominations, track imbalances, and assist team in implementing actionable items. Coordinate with customers and commercial team to achieve positive results.
- Communicate with field personnel, pipelines, markets, producers, and shippers to resolve complex daily operating issues.
- Manage the processes to provide monthly plant settlements/allocations and billable volumes to accounting, and review commercial/operational aspects insure accurate invoicing/accounting.
- Initiate discussions with accounting to explain allocations for new or complicated transactions.
- Validate third party statements and invoices for accuracy and resolve any disputed items.
- Resolve difficult imbalance issues associated with customer or marketing activity on Sendero’s assets and with interconnecting parties. Review and sign documentation for SOX compliance.
- Provide expertise on third party pipelines relevant to assigned assets and all other agreements including SOCs filed with FERC or State jurisdictions.
- Oversee communications with marketing, gas supply, suppliers, and markets to recommend buy/sell decisions associated with assigned assets and to integrate new contracts.
- Participate on governance and project teams for development of system applications for measurement, Scada, and Plant Allocations (Tips/Waterfield…). Oversee and perform testing for applications and lead the development/implementation and application support.
- Identify capacity, economic, or contractual constraints and work with customers, suppliers, marketing, operations, gas supply, and pipelines to maximize throughput and minimize costs.
- Manage and negotiate agreements for the marketing of gas and NGL’s to achieve the highest possible net back for Sendero and its customers.
- Participate in the technical and economic evaluations to select take-away pipeline connections.
- Negotiate interconnection, balancing, and gas/oil/NGL sales agreements to downstream markets.
- Manage monthly and daily nomination cycles taking into account customer, operational and Sendero commercial factors and communicate instructions to gas control and field operations.
- Assist commercial development activities and attend customer meetings as requested.
- Participate in due diligence activities and manage integration of acquired assets.
- Expert understanding of Midstream business specifically with regard to processing plant scheduling, process modeling and economics and commercial operations procedures.
- Exposure to gas, NGL and/or oil marketing transactions is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and various electronic pipeline transaction systems such as Quorem Tips.
- Possesses excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This role has developmental potential in supervisory responsibility for a larger scheduling group.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
The employee is sedentary and required to be able to lift fewer than 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Hours of work are anticipated to be Monday through Friday, core business hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or equivalent work experience in a relevant business function.
5-10 years of managing the movement of gas on multiple gathering systems from the wellhead through a gas processing plant and then into the downstream take-away pipelines. Working knowledge and understanding of gas processing plant allocations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sendero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.