Job Title: Operations Manager – Carlsbad Area
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reports to: VP Engineering and Operations
Approved: February 16,2017
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carlsbad System Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight and delivery of activities related to the operations, maintenance and reliability of the Sendero Carlsbad gathering system. The Manager is also directly responsible for regulatory compliance, safety of personnel, protection of the environment, and prevention of damage to systems and equipment through continual promotion of safe work practices and conditions. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with engineering team during project construction to address safety and operability
- Work with VP Engineering and Operations to recruit and hire a team of plant/pipeline operators
- Key interface with Engineering & Operations VP during construction and ongoing operations
- Participate in development of facility and pipeline commissioning plans and execution thereto
- Supervise/manage plant operators and maintenance personnel and supports them in achieving asset goals and objectives
- Manage and continuously improve contractor performance on project execution management to assure Company’s technical, financial, safety and environmental objectives are met
- Support Commercial Operations group to optimize plant operations, perform daily gas/NGL planning/scheduling, minimize downtime and optimize recoveries, fuel, shrinkage, and L&U
- Prepare and recommend annual operating budget; manage cost to achieve performance goals
- Operate the plant and pipelines in a safe and efficient manner. Track safety and operational performance metrics to assess performance relative to goals established
- Work with Customers’ field operations and Sendero Commercial operations to coordinate bringing new wells on line and to plan for any flow interruptions
- Develop and administer PSM, PHA, MOC, and O&M programs and maintain operating records to ensure compliance with all applicable state, federal, county and municipal regulations
- Maintenance program development/management, leadership of HSE commitments, review of HSE performance, setting priorities, action plans, and responsibilities for staff
- Encourage employee growth and development through leadership, team building and training.
- Oversight and implementation of IT software and telecommunications equipment on-site related to plant control system, PC’s, measurement and SCADA equipment
- Represents Sendero to the community, local industry and emergency responders
- Leadership and Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen and Financial Management.
This position manages the operations and maintenance employees for Sendero’s Carlsbad operating area and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Hours of work are anticipated to be Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with one hour lunch. Circumstantial exceptions may occur.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Company Truck to be provided.
Required Education and Experience
- Specialist knowledge in one main discipline of Mechanical, E&I or Process engineering.
- 5+ years of Cryo Plant Operations including mechanical, E&I and process systems
- Experience managing and directing a workforce and managing a facility budget
- Experience of managing technical scopes of work with engineers and contractors
- Strong focus on safety and extensive knowledge of PSM, OSHA, PHMSA, EPA and NM state regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School degree required with additional education/training in EHS, PSM, MOC, gas processing, measurement, compression or other relevant disciplines
- Must live or be willing to relocate to within 1 hour drive of reporting location
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sendero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.